Wednesday, January 23, 2008

jeepers creepers

Nick has got great peepers! (not that we had any reason to think otherwise) He did very well at his eye checkup today. He was a little squirrelly at times, but all things considered, he was actually quite calm and cooperative, not to mention cute! As you probably know, with small kids, the eye charts involve pictures instead of letters. Well, each time he identified a picture, Nick didn't think it was enough to just say what it was; he had to add a little extra information. Like "It's a phone - ring, ring!" or "It's a birthday cake with small, tiny candles!" or "It's a car - vroom, vroom!" You get the idea. It was actually pretty amusing. :)

My eyes are unchanged from a year ago - 20/20 on the right and 20/30 on the left. With the exception of Brian, we're a pretty well-sighted little family!

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

glad to hear the eye exam went well. It is so hard to predict at that age how cooperative kids will be. I hadn't even considered taking danny in for an eye exam until you mentioned yours. Maybe i should think about it. I may wait til his a tad bit older. Maybe we can do it in the summer....

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I'm going to try that the next time I go to the eye dr. Might make it more amusing. E is for eggs that give me gas. blrt N is for night-time when I sleep. zzzzz O is for ....ah, well. I'll just stop right there. Hee hee!