Tuesday, October 9, 2007

what a weekend!

Ahhh....I finally have a chance to relax in front of the computer and blog about my weekend. (Brian is off today, and he has taken Nick to preschool and stayed on post to get some stuff done. It's just me, my coffee, my computer, and Regis & Kelly.) :)

We arrived in Springfield Friday in time to meet my Dad for dinner. We went to Red Robin, where I had a big, obscene burger with chipotle BBQ sauce, bleu cheese, and onion straws on the burger. This was just the beginning of my disgusting eating endeavors, which have happily ended today. Friday night, we drove to Branson and attended Bodies The Exhibition. It blew my mind. I kept exclaiming "Shut up!" much to the amusement of others nearby. It wasn't as extensive as I had thought it would be, but what there was of it was pretty amazing. In a nutshell which doesn't begin to do it justice, this is an exhibit of real, preserved human bodies and body parts, in various stages of dissection.

Saturday, I went out on a shopping quest all by my lonesome, while Brian stayed at Dad's house with Nick. I got several fall shirts for Nick, along with some Hallmark ornaments and bath and body stuff. Partway through my shopping, Tim met up with me, and we had a lovely time at Target and Pier 1. Target is such a wonderland! Oh, how I wish we had one here...

Saturday evening, Brian and I had our anniversary dinner at Nakato, a fabulous Japanese hibachi restaurant. We ate so much food that we needed to be rolled out to the car. :) It was yummy! I love that place, but it's rather pricey, so we only go once or twice a year. After that, we stopped by Barnes & Noble for a sweet treat to go, and went back to Dad's to spend some time with Nick.

Sunday morning, we took Nick to JCPenney to have a portrait taken in his Halloween dinosaur costume. He wasn't overly cooperative, so the shot we ended up with isn't great, but it will do. I'll share it when I get it back from the studio. We did some other random errands, including the car wash of horror (Nick was very terrified this time - it comes and goes.), and we bought a new desk chair at Target.

Sunday afternoon after putting Nick down for his nap, we packed up our stuff and left to stay at the Walnut St. Inn, "our" B&B in Springfield. We have stayed there many times, starting with our wedding night. It's wonderful! We stayed in the Jewell Room, which has a king-sized bed, a chaise longue, gas fireplace, jetted tub in the room, and bathroom with shower. We enjoyed our complimentary cookies and a bottle of champagne that we picked up on the way. It was a lovely, relaxing, fun evening! We actually just stayed in the room and ordered pizza for dinner - we figured that we'd stay in the room every minute, to really get our money's worth! :) In the morning, we enjoyed our in-room breakfast of French toast, fresh fruit, bacon, OJ, and coffee. Yummy! The best part is that we've racked up so many stays there that after one more stay, we get a free night!

We went back to Dad's Monday morning and spent a lazy, rainy day hanging out until after Nick's nap, when we finally left to come back home. We got home last night around 7 (after stopping for dinner at Cracker Barrel, just to cap off the weekend with one more disgustingly caloric meal!), and it's nice to be back in the swing of things again.

So, that was my weekend. How was yours?

4 comments:

Patty O. said...

It sounds like you had a great time. Good for you!!! Bil and I have been talking about the need for a little romantic getaway for the two of us. We have never gone away by ourselves since the kids were born. We will need to do that soon. Glad you got back safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

I am soo glad you had a good time. It sounds like it was a wonderful weekend. Spencer is taking this next week off. I hope it goes just as well although, there won't be as much excitement.

Amber said...

Sounds like a super fun weekend!
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary, that is an accomplishment to be proud of.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!

As to my weekend, I worked all last weekend and will be working this Saturday also. But then I get three days off...to clean house, do more unpacking, and spend some time with the DH and DDs.

Sounds like it was a good time for all of you. Those romantic get-aways are always quite nice.