Monday, October 29, 2007

i'm feeling somewhat better...

...about my cholesterol situation after talking with my faboo Patty-friend on Saturday morning. I'm so glad she called! LOVE her. I'm just not going to worry about it too much until I talk to the doctor on Wednesday.

Had a nice visit with my aunt and uncle on Saturday as well. They were only here for about an hour and a half, but it was nice to see them nonetheless. I wish we could get together with them more often. He's my mom's brother.

Got to Springfield Saturday evening in time to meet my Dad for dinner at this out-of-the-way restaurant we'd never tried before. It was good! Best of all, the waitstaff were all dressed up for Halloween, much to Nick's delight. Our waitress was dressed as a pirate, and Nick just called her "the pirate." He fell in love with her, and had to tell her everything of import that entered his mind. :) He also caught a glimpse of someone dressed as Spongebob, which just about sent him over the edge.

On Sunday, I had a wonderful, 3-hour reverie at the mall (all by myself!), and scored some amazing deals. I got a really nice pair of suede boots at JCPenney. They were originally $60, but due to a sale and two coupons used in tandem, I got them for $28 - shut UP! Then, with another coupon, I got two shirts for Nick absolutely FREE. Got myself a cute shirt at Faux Baby (that's Old Navy to normal people) for $9, did a spot of Christmas shopping for a friend, and got $28.50-worth of stuff for $6 at Bath & Body Works. I am quite the bargain-shopping, coupon-using fiend, if I do say so myself! After the mall, I went to Target, where I got Nick this faboo sweater that's argyle on the front and striped on the back (on sale, of course). I also stumbled upon an awesome Christmas gift for another friend that was half-off! A stupendous bargain. So, as you can see, I had quite a bit of retail therapy over the weekend, which never fails to boost my mood. :)

Sunday evening was my older nieces' birthday party. Maddy just turned 15 and Caitlin will be 20 in a few days. My, how time flies. The party was nice, and it was good to see all of my familial peeps. After the party, Tim came over to my Dad's house and hung out with me for a few hours. He told me all about this guy he met online - sounds like it could be love! He certainly deserves it. And, of course, I would never knock an online pairing - it worked for me!

Now, I'm back home, and I finally got everything unpacked and put away. Whew! Nick is napping, and I'm catching up on online stuff now, since I'll be gone tonight to choir rehearsal. I'll be beat when I get back home tonight - can't wait to fall into my own delicious bed...

3 comments:

Patty O. said...

I am sooo glad you are starting to feel better. I know life is so stressful and it is hard not to worry about things like health that are so important. Buck up, little camper and don't give up on the diet and exercise. It WILL make a difference!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I do love reading your blogs. I am glad you had a super time in Springfield. If only we would go more often. Oh well. I need retail therapy. Anywho. Whatsthedealyo?!

Patty O. said...

Thanks for your recent validation regarding my blog. I knew you would understand!!! I sure hope you feel better. I know this is all so confusing and scary for you. I hate that about being an adult, that many of the things we worry about are generally very difficult to solve. That they are not so much black and white issues with a definitive right or wrong answer. I have felt that way especially in dealing with Danny. Who is the right therapist? Who can I really trust? etc. I soometimes miss the days when a parent or teacher could be completely relied upon to solve a problem or answer a question. I will be praying for you!!!