Friday, October 12, 2007

another one bites the dust!

Dude. I totally cannot believe that I lost a pound this week, given the obscene way I ate (and didn't exercise) over the weekend. I'll take it, though! Normally, "only" losing a pound would probably be a negative to me, but it's all about perspective. This week, it's a miracle! :)

I'm getting really excited as I approach the 20-lb. mark. For some reason, I think that that's when this weight-loss will really seem "real" to me. It's hard to explain. I mean, I can tell I'm a bit slimmer, and people tell me that they can tell. But somehow, I still feel like a weight-loss fraud, or like it's all too good to be true, or like I'll gain it all back. I think that when I can say that I've lost 20 pounds, it will seem like a real, legitimate weight-loss, and like I'm really on my way. I know that my feelings don't make sense, but there's no accounting for the weird ways we see things, I guess. I just can't wait to lose 2.5 more pounds! And then when I get to 180, I'll be halfway done, which will be a major cause for celebration.

Went to the pumpkin patch this morning. The weather was beautiful, though overcast much of the time. Nick had a blast with his friends Bryan, Matt, and Kyan - running around, going through the corn maze, riding the tractor out to the pumpkin field, etc. They had this set-up where kids could jump off a high stack of straw bales into loose straw, and I even took a leap! It was pretty fun. Nick had a blast doing that, and got all covered in straw. Then, he managed to get his hands on a bucket of water and dumped it over himself, so that he was soaked from head to toe, on top of the straw and dirt. He was a disgusting, yucky mess! I had to strip him down and put on a new diaper (This may be TMI, but the kid had straw in his buttcrack!) for the ride home. Then, it was straight into the bath. I didn't really mind, because he had such a great time!

The rest of my day should be much more tame...

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

That pumpkin patch sounds like a blast. And I personally enjoyed the tidbit about the straw in Nick's butt crack. Oh, the absurdities of motherhood.

Congratulations on the weight loss!! I understand what you mean about feeling like a fraud. Interestingly enough, I ran across a book that deals with that very subject. It is called, "Joining the Thin Club: Tips for Toning your mind after you've trimmed your body." I figure this must be a somewhat common issue if someone wrote a book about it. Anyway, it is late, so I will write more later.

Anonymous said...

I'm super proud of you sweetie!!!! Keep your eye on the prize and keep going, Nick and I are behind you 100%.

Brian aka Hubbie