Wednesday, October 17, 2007

my little wizard wanna-be

Nick was watching the first Harry Potter movie (for the 1000th time), and he said "Can I go in the TV?" Brian asked him why, and he said "I want to go to Hogwarts." Brian again asked why, and Nick said "because I want to be a wizard!" Brian told him that he couldn't really be a wizard, and Nick said "Well....OK." About 20 minutes later, Nick was in the kitchen having his snack, and his lower lip started to quiver and he looked like he was about to cry. Brian asked him what was wrong, and he sobbed "I really wanted to be a wizard - I'm so sad!" Does that melt your heart or what?

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

That is so sad, and I know exactly how he feels. After reading each of the Harry Potter books, I always want to enter the wizarding world. It is so enchanting and adventurous, not to mention how convenient it would be to be able to use witchcraft when cleaning the house or making dinner. : ) I am really impressed with Nick's imagination!!

Amy Jane said...

Update: This evening, Nick said (totally out of the blue) "It's OK, Mommy. I'm going to be a PRETEND wizard!" So, it's all good. :) Kids truly are magical, aren't they?