Sunday, October 21, 2007

i've lost a foot!

I don't put too much stock in taking my measurements, because it's so subjective and prone to error - I mean, it all depends on where you put the tape and exactly how tight you pull it, and the only way to put it around you in the exact same place every time would be to draw lines with permanent marker. :) That being said, though, I did take my measurements back when I started all of this, and since 3 months and 20 pounds have gone by, I thought I'd take them again today. Allowing for error, I seem to have lost 12" combined (around my arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs, and calves). Most notably, I've lost 2.5 inches in my waist and 2 inches in my hips. Whoo hoo! Not too bad.

Tim will FINALLY be here in about 20 minutes, so I'm off....

3 comments:

Patty O. said...

While you are probably right about the accuracy of measurements, I would think they would only be off by centimeters. To have lost 12 whole inches is amazing, and even if you are off by as much as 2 inches (which I would highly doubt) that is still 10 whole inches. Fabulous!!!!!! That is a whole ruler that you have lost. Don't you feel so good and proud of yourself? Losing weight is hard. Everyone admits that. And the majority of the people in this country have struggled with it in some way. So, this is nothing to sneeze at. Way to go!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Soon those pants will be slipping right off your bum. Have to get some suspenders to hold them. Bright red suspenders with yellow polka dots.

Patty O. said...

thanks for your advice on my blog. I know you are right!

I keep checking to see how your weigh-in went, but I guess I will have to check again later.