Friday, October 19, 2007

still goin' strong!

I have officially hit the 20-lb. mark! And it DOES feel more real to me now. I still don't think I look like I've lost that much weight, and it makes me dubious that my pants still fit OK (I mean, they're a bit loose, and I need a belt, but I would have thought that I'd totally need new ones by now.), but I'm definitely on my way. Almost halfway there - wow. According to my calculations, if I continue at the same pace, I could be finished by sometime in March, which would be amazing. Next summer, I could take my son to the pool, which would be such a huge thing for me. And I could wear shorts! Shut up. It almost boggles the mind.

Tim did not come today, due to the fact that his grandma died earlier this week. Her funeral was Thursday, and he has been spending time with family and dealing with the aftermath of her death. He's doing OK. Her death was not unexpected, and she had lived a long, full life - she was 95! So, he's sad, but dealing. And the silver lining for him was that he got to see and talk to a lot of family that he hasn't seen in a while, which was nice. He has strengthened familial bonds and gotten to know some of his cousins better. He is still hoping to come up here either tomorrow or Sunday, so we can still have part of our weekend together. If he comes, he will join me at the choral concert in Rolla.

This morning, I joined my friend Jutta and our new friend Tim (a different Tim), and the three of us took our 3 little boys to Happy Hollow, a recreational/outdoors/nature area on post. We went on a long, lovely walk and really enjoyed the sunshine, beautiful sky and trees, and crisp fall weather. It was wonderful! The boys had a great time, and we were all tuckered out when we got back. Nick and I went to McDonald's for lunch on the way home, and when we got home at 1:30, we found that Brian had gotten the afternoon off and was waiting at home for us! What a happy surprise. We all ended up taking a nap this afternoon - delicious. Brian and I both feel like we're coming down with something, and my speaking voice is rather compromised. We went out for Mexican for dinner, and tonight, I'm looking forward to chillin' on the couch and watching the Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy that I recorded last night (while perhaps getting my feet rubbed). Bliss! It really doesn't take much to make me happy. :)

This weekend, we might go back to the pumpkin patch, and of course, there's always domestic chores to be done, but there's not too much on the agenda, so I'm looking forward to a low-key weekend.

And that's all she wrote.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awesome!! I cannot get over how well you are doing and how determined you are. I am really, really impressed!!!!! And don't worry that your pants still sort of fit. That means you are losing weight all over your body, not just in your legs and hips, which is a good thing. I know I am a broken record, but PLEASE reward yourself. 20 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, believe me. Good job! Well done!!!
patty

Amber said...

Way to go Amy! I am so impressed, 20lbs lost is a wonderful accomplishment!
Your days always sound full of fun. Can I just say how much I am missing a Missouri Fall. I can't get in the mood for any of my favorite Fall activities when it's still hot outside.

Anonymous said...

You'll be buying new pants soon I'm sure! 20 lbs is great and I'm confident you'll make your goal. So those people at the pool better watch out next summer when another hot mama joins the crowd. :D