Friday, October 5, 2007

the big weekend

As my eagle-eyed Patty-friend already noticed, I lost another 2.5 pounds! Yay! (Patty - thanks for all the comments and the yummy wrap recipe. I'll have to try that!) I'm thrilled to be in the 180s now. I just hope the trend continues. It feels pretty great. I know I'll get off-track this weekend when we're in Springfield, but that's OK. I know I'll pick it up again next week. BTW, this will be my last post until probably Tuesday.

We're going to have a pretty full weekend. We're leaving today after Nick's nap, and we'll probably just have pizza for dinner at my Dad's. We might drive down to Branson tonight (just 35 mins. from my Dad's house) to see Bodies, the Exhibition (www.bodiestheexhibition.com). I'm pretty pumped about that - it's right up my alley! Tomorrow, I'm going to gad about Springfield doing various shopping - I'm looking for fall clothes for Nick, Hallmark ornaments, a small bench or ottoman, a new computer desk chair, etc. Tomorrow evening, Brian is taking me out to dinner. I don't know where, but I have a pretty good idea! I'm really looking forward to it. On Sunday morning, we have an appointment to have Nick's portrait taken in his Halloween costume, and then Sunday afternoon, Brian and I will be checking in to "our" B&B (www.walnutstreetinn.com) to spend the night in the lap of luxury. :) I'm really going to feel guilty about leaving Nick so much, but hopefully it won't weigh too heavily on my mind. Monday, after Nick has his nap and I have my hair trimmed, we'll head back home. Whew! It will be quite a whirlwind.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'll be back on next week to tell you all about mine!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Have a great time! And try not to feel too guilty about leaving Nick. After all, you are leaving him with people who adore him and if you come back refreshed, it will only make you a better mom!