Sunday, March 29, 2009

i did it!

I finally went through my closet and got rid of the remainder of my too-big, unwanted, outdated clothes! Yay! It was quite the bloodbath. :) Now, everything in my closet is something that fits and that I will actually wear. And no, there's not much, but that's OK - now, I can start building it up again. You wouldn't believe the amount of empty space in that closet now. I feel so liberated and unencumbered. In addition to two large garbage bags full of clothing, Brian will also be taking one bag full of hangers to Goodwill - it's insane how many hangers I had!

I had a fairly accomplished weekend, all-in-all. I went through my next sculpt class, working out the kinks and finalizing it for Wednesday, went to Walmart (got some new tank tops, nail polish, lip color, etc.), did laundry, cooked and baked, dusted the house (somewhat), cleaned the toilets, rehearsed my Easter solo, painted my toenails, gathered and packed up a bunch of kid clothes and toys to take to a resale shop, ordered a new bed-in-a-bag for Nick, gathered the documents Brian will need to have our taxes done, etc. Whew! When I see it all in print like that, I really feel like I got a lot done. Brian was also quite helpful this weekend - he set up our new printer (The old one finally gave up the ghost, but we had had it for 10 years!), vacuumed the house, took stuff to Goodwill, and generally kept Nick occupied while I got stuff done.

The week ahead is busy as usual. I'll be chauffeuring Nick to school, working out, going to a Love and Logic class, doing laundry, grocery shopping, paying bills (including the first payment on the Caliber - blech!), teaching my class, going to the dentist, attending parent-child night at Nick's school, going to Rolla, etc., etc. My niece is supposed to be visiting next weekend, which I'm looking forward to very much.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and I wish you a good week ahead...

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Whew, I am exhausted just reading this!!! Good for you that you got rid of the bigger sizes. I actually do think it is a good idea, but NOT if you plan on getting pregnant again, which I did when I purged. The problem was, I overestimated how much weight I would lose before getting pregnant, so the bigger size jeans are just a bit too snug at the moment. Oh well, more incentive to cut back on the cookies, right?

Hey, thanks for the card!! I sent you a thank-you note today, but just wanted to let you know it came this weekend. The gift card will definitely come in handy with all the diapers and other baby accoutrements.

Amber said...

See, I read this and I am jealous of your one-kid status, I'd be able to get so much more done without a baby. Well, it might also be that we're in the middle of TDY misery. Blah.

Way to go on cleaning out your closet, it's amazing how liberating it is to get rid of clutter you don't use.