Tuesday, March 24, 2009

i was a rock star!

Brace yourself. I'm going to sound very full of myself in this post. But. I. Don't. CARE!!!! My step class was frickin' amazing! I cannot get over how perfectly it went. It was virtually flawless. I never once lost count, lost my place, or had a misstep. I never forgot to cue or cued late. I never lost my cool. I had the class by the balls the entire time, from start to finish. The whole thing went so smoothly and I had such poise! I did a really good warm-up and then got into the stepping, and a couple of minutes into the first combo, I just knew it was all coming together. Between step combos, we did one-minute bursts of intense cardio, and they loved it! I was sure to get their heart-rates down properly, and I always made sure to show low-impact options, as I had a couple of older ladies in class. At the beginning of each combo, I demonstrated the less basic stuff (Charleston, I-step, mambo-cha-cha-cha, for example, for those of you in the know). I explained things as we went and explained what body parts we were stretching at the end of class and made sure everyone had proper form to get a good stretch. It was just all good. People, do you know what a feeling of power it gives you to tell people to do something unpleasant, like jog really hard for a minute, and they actually DO IT? Just because you told them to? Shut up! It's awesome! :) You have probably guessed by now that I'm on a serious high. It's almost like I've done drugs or something (not that I'd know). I just can't get over how well that went - way better than anyone's first class should ever go. You know - I realize that the second time I teach, I might completely screw up, and right now, I don't even care! Right now, I'm on top of the world. OK - I think I'm done. Oh, one more thing - after class, a couple was being shown around the gym, and I started talking to them and telling them about the classes. It was so cool to shake the lady's hand and say "I'm Amy. I'm an instructor here."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Amy! I am starting classes next monday! I can't wait to have you as an instructor!! =)

MissouriMormonMama said...

I am so glad it went so perfectly! Yeah! Congratulations and enjoy the feeling of success ( :

J said...

Like we had any doubt you'd do great! :) You're fabulous, girlfriend!

Amy Jane said...

I love you guys. Hugs!

Patty O. said...

Wow, I SO wish I could take your class. I just knew you would kick butt!! And even if you do sometimes make a mistake in your classes, that doesn't take away from your awesomnimity (that's a word that Bil made up) as a woman and as an instructor. My fave instructors were always ones who let their personality shine through and who were thorough and understanding, all of which you are. Congrats on an incredible class. And I have to commend your courage. It is hard to get up in front of all those people and teach. I am so impressed with you!