Friday, March 6, 2009

in my family, sarcasms kicks in at a young age

Earlier today, I emitted a little burp, to which Nick responded "Oh, Mommy - you're such a charmer." :)

I finally washed my new car and took pictures of it, which I will be sharing here in the very near future. Stay tuned!

For dinner tonight, I made the following recipe. It's really good, and couldn't be easier! It's not exactly low-cal or low-fat, but it's high in fiber and protein and contains some nutrition power-houses. And rinsing the beans cuts down on the sodium.

Spinach Tortellini with Beans and Feta

1 9-oz. package refrigerated cheese-filled spinach tortellini (I used Buitoni Spinach Cheese Tortellini.)
1 15-oz. can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed (My store didn't have these, so I substituted great northern beans.)
1 4-6 oz. package crumbled garlic-and-herb flavored feta cheese (I had to substitute tomato-basil feta cheese.)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 large tomato, chopped
ground black pepper
1 bag fresh baby spinach leaves

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and return to cooking pot. Add drained beans, feta cheese, and olive oil to the pot, and stir gently until cheese is melted and beans are hot. Add tomato and cook 1 more minute. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Place desired amount of spinach on 4 dinner plates (I didn't use all of it.) and top with tortellini mixture.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Ohh, that sounds really yummy. And Nick is HYSterical!!!

I also like the car. Really, really nice.