Thursday, March 5, 2009

the winds of change are blowing...

...and sending a frisson of excitement down my spine! This just seems to be a year of new things and progress for me. I'm thrilled to have gotten almost my whole house purged, and I've gotten a very respectable start on getting my holiday decor into plastic tubs (This might not sound very exciting, but for the likes of me, it is!). And of course, I just got a new car, which I like more every day. I finally have some great sunroof weather, and I'm lovin' it! And, though I hate to spend the money, I'm sort of excited about buying yet another new spring/summer wardrobe and showing off the "finished product" of my weight-loss to the world. I've been cooking more and really enjoying it (not the clean-up, though) - tomorrow evening's dinner will be spinach tortellini with beans and feta. Even though it will be somewhat expensive, we've pretty much made the decision to visit Brian's parents this summer, and they will be thrilled! Nick and his grandparents need a chance to spend time together. We may have to sacrifice a trip to Germany this year, but that's OK - this is more important.

The biggest excitement for me, though, lies in the fitness arena. I'm just loving my classes, and excited at the prospect of having some personal training, and I also think it's really cool that Brian is going to be joining me for yoga from now on. I was thinking about taking a tap class, but it would make me miss yoga, and I've decided that for now, yoga is more important to me. There will always be another chance to take tap, at a time that doesn't interfere with something else I love. I'm so thrilled lately at the sculpting and definition that I see in my muscles - particularly my shoulders and arms! I just feel very strong and vital, and like I could take on the world. The most exciting development lately is that it looks like I might be getting my fitness instructor certification and teaching a lot sooner than I thought. I had been planning on putting it off a little longer, but my gym really needs someone to fill in for the Monday night cardio/core class and the Wednesday night strength class, and it's possible that that person could be me! I need to get certified quickly, which I'm looking into. So, I could be teaching really soon! It's scary, but also very exciting. I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

HOw awesome. I don't think I have ever heard you more excited and full of positive news! i am thrilled for you. I love how you say you feel stronger and more vital. I can't think of a more positive endorsement for weight loss, exercise and getting fit. I am thinking of printing this post and hanging it somewhere as inspiration. This is how excited I want to feel about my life and health. Way to go!