Thursday, October 23, 2008

so, i lied

It turns out that my last post was not, after all, my last post before I head to Springfield. I forgot to tell you guys about the most zesty pendants that I found on Etsy! If you haven't heard of Etsy, it's a really neat website where people sell their handmade products, like jewelry. You can find really cool, unique stuff, and some of it is very reasonably priced. I found this amazing store on there called HomeStudio - they make pendants out of real Scrabble tiles, and they are the cutest, most whimsical things you've ever seen! I double-dare you to visit the website and NOT fall in love with these pendants. There are tons of designs, and they would make wonderful gifts for girlfriends. The best part is that they're totally reasonable: each pendant is $6.95, or you can even order a set of any four you'd like for $25 (you can get chains included with the set for an additional $10). Right now, they're offering free shipping, too! This offer ends on Halloween, so check it out and order soon if you're going to get any. And let me know if you love these as much as I do. I ordered 4 pendants (I can't say which ones, since some of you might be receiving them as gifts), and I'm totally in love with them. OK - now I'm really signing out for the week. :)

4 comments:

Patty O. said...

Great. Now, I am addicted to these pendants. Thanks!! They are adorable. The only problem is I want to buy at least 10 of them, but want to keep them all for myself. I may just have to pick one and give myself a Halloween gift. : )

Thanks for the heads-up. You are right. they would make great Christmas presents. And so affordable.

Amy Jane said...

Patty,

Like my post says, you'd do best to order the set of 4 with chains for $35. When you're ordering, it looks like you can only get the 4 specific pendants offered in the set, but all you have to do to get the ones you want are to list them in the "message to seller" box when you're checking out. Let me know which ones you order!

Amy Jane said...

Here's another tip. The design is actually affixed to the back of the Scrabble tile, meaning that the letter is visible on the back of the pendant. I just found out (by asking the seller directly) that if you request a certain letter (like your first initial), they're willing to make your pendant on a tile with that letter for you. Now, they're even better! Their customer service and response time to questions is really amazing. I can't say enough good things about this seller!

Amy Jane said...

Here's another tip. The design is actually affixed to the back of the Scrabble tile, meaning that the letter is visible on the back of the pendant. I just found out (by asking the seller directly) that if you request a certain letter (like your first initial), they're willing to make your pendant on a tile with that letter for you. Now, they're even better! Their customer service and response time to questions is really amazing. I can't say enough good things about this seller!