Wednesday, October 1, 2008

ode to october

October is here, and I am joyful at its advent. I'm not sure exactly what it is about this month that I love so, but it is absolutely my favorite month of the year. Perhaps it's the fact that I was married in October, or the fact that Halloween is in October. I think that for me, fall seems to really begin in October, you know? September is sort of like this odd limbo betwixt summer and fall, but come October - bam! Autumn is just HERE. And just as October is my favorite month, autumn is my favorite season. Also, I just love the way the word "October" sounds - it really rolls off the tongue, don't you think? (OK, OK - I know I'm bordering on the ridiculous here, but it's truly how I feel!) This weekend, I'm going to put out my fall/Halloween decor, and I'm looking forward to the cozy autumnal atmosphere it will create in my living room. (sigh of joy and contentment) Happy October and happy fall, everyone!

P.S. Just in case you were wondering and didn't feel like having to count, I used the word "October" exactly eight times in this post. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I love October too though so don't feel too bad.

Patty O. said...

Too funny. I agree with you on this one. Autumn is by far my favorite season. There is just something about the crispness in the air and the beautiful foliage I can't resist. It seems like I have passed this love onto my kids as Danny is fairly obsessed with all things Halloween, especially pumpkins. It has become our ritual to go pumpkin hunting while in the car and Danny takes great delight in finding more pumpkins.

BTW, we will definitely be able to join you at the pumpkin patch! My mom will be leaving on Thursday and actually, I just canceled our therapy in Terre Haute on Friday as well, so we are free that day, too. it just happens that Danny is off of school that day. I think Danny, Nick and Charlotte will have a lot of fun playing together! (And so will we!)