Thursday, October 30, 2008

happy thursday!

I've managed to keep pretty busy this week. Tuesday, Nick and I had his final music and movement class in a 7-week series. This was a nice little class that involved singing songs, keeping beats, and using different little instruments, like egg shakers, maracas, drums, etc. During this final class, Nick impressed the teacher by keeping a nice, steady beat on a washboard while we sang the ABCs. The boy definitely has an ear for rhythm!

Tuesday evening, we tuned in to "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" while we "made" Halloween cookies. (I had to put "made" in quotes because these were the completely ready-to-bake ones that you literally just put on a cookie sheet and bake. I did sprinkle on some colored sugar, though, to give them my own personal touch.) :) It's funny - when I was a kid, I watched the Charlie Brown Halloween show every year and just loved it, I guess because it was animated and had kicky music. As a grown-up, though, I just have to shake my head at it and go "Seriously? World War I stuff in the middle of a Halloween show? What's up with that?" I mean, it's supposed to be a show about kids and Halloween, but most of it is about Snoopy, flying around on his doghouse and getting shot at in France. It's like some sort of acid trip.

Yesterday, Nick and I met Brian and our friend Mike at Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet (Don't even ask about my eating this week - you don't want to know!). It was nice to see Brian in the middle of the day, since he had class last night and was gone until after 9 p.m. I managed to keep pretty busy all day and evening, doing stuff around the house. In the evening, Nick came with me to the gym, and after my class, we went and visited Rebecca, Cooper, and Jack for a while. Nick and Cooper were rather combative with each other, so it wasn't the most relaxing visit! It was nice to see them, though, and to eat one of Rebecca's moist, delicious Halloween cupcakes (See? I told you!).

This morning, I shot up to Rolla while Nick was in preschool and bought him a few garments (Gotta love the KMart 2 for $8 Wonderkids separates!), and got back to school in time for the little fall party. It was so nice! The teachers had covered the tables in orange paper, and moms brought food and supplies. We had PB&J, potato chips, succulent fresh fruit, and yummy cookies. It was a nice little gathering, and the kids were all really cute. Now, Nick and I are chilling out at home, and I have exciting plans - laundry, etc.

Tomorrow, we're off to St. Louis for Jessica's wedding, so you probably won't hear from me until after that. I'm looking forward to getting all gussied up, and to seeing my various relatives. I'm also excited about hitting one of the Trader Joe's stores there.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Have a great weekend in St. Louis!

Patty O. said...

Have a great time at the wedding. What dress are you wearing?

Amy Jane said...

Patty,

I'm wearing a hot little black number. :) It's about knee-length in the front and a little longer in the back. It has silver sequins under the bust, and is a halter top. I'll be sure to post pics!