Friday, September 19, 2008

off for the weekend

Hey, peeps! Well, I'm back up 1.5 lbs. this week, but I'm OK with that. To be honest, I haven't been the caloric stickler that I need to be lately. I'm planning to resume that with a vengeance next week, to see if I can lose a few more pounds before my various upcoming gigs and my cousin's wedding. I went over to the home of my neighbor and friend, Angela, last night to try on her various and sundry fancy dresses (girl has quite the wardrobe!), and I actually left with a couple of strong possibilities. Both would fit better, though, if I lost just a few pounds. While wearing formal-wear, the importance of being able to breathe cannot be overstated! I'm really frustrated by what I call my "C-Section pooch." I'm really happy with my body now, and I'm so proud that I've lost all this weight and become a size 8. But when I try on dresses, even though I think they look great everywhere else on my body, I can't help but zero in on the pooch, which sticks out rather noticeably in a dress, particularly a shiny one. Grrr! People have told me to buy some Spanx shape wear, and I might have to look into that, though I hate shape wear about as much as I hate pantyhose. It's so unfair how uncomfortable it is for a woman to dress up properly! A man just gets to stand around in a suit being perfectly comfortable, assuming his collar isn't too tight, but we have to be all trussed up in hosiery and shape wear, trying desperately to keep our stomachs sucked in and smooth, all the while tottering on heels which are killing our feet! The inhumanity! :) OK - I think I'm done ranting about that now.

We're leaving this evening to head to Springfield for the weekend. I'm bound and determined to get up tomorrow morning and take a walk around my Dad's (punishingly hilly) neighborhood, after which the rest of the day will be devoted to shopping for a frock, among other things. Tomorrow night, we might head to the beautiful Jordan Valley park to enjoy an al fresco symphony concert. Sunday morning, we're heading to Cider Days, which is an outdoor street festival, after which I will go to my friend Tracy's house for a desperately needed haircut. I can't wait! Should be a nice weekend. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with my Dad and my Timmy-friend.

I'll be back on the blog next week....

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I agree wholeheartedly about the evening wear inhumanity. Actually, the way so many of those dresses are designed you practically have to have a concave stomach to look good, which is just ridiculous seeing that women are built to have something of a stomach. And who wants to dance in spanx and hose, etc. though I have never tried spanx. Maybe they are actually comfortable???? Have a good weekend.