Sunday, September 14, 2008

a low-key weekend

Didn't do a whole lot this weekend. We kept expecting great rains from the hurricane, but they held off until last night. We did get a goodly bit of rain overnight and this morning. Just a blah, gloomy weekend, and a good one for staying in for the most part. Yesterday, I got out briefly and rented the first disc of the TV series "The Riches", with Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard. So far, I like it!

Today, I had a long Walmart trip during which I spent way too much money and was frustrated, as usual, because they were out of a few things I needed. I did get a couple of cute new fall shirts for Nick - they have the faux short-sleeves layered over long-sleeves look. I think that look is so cute on him! But then, I think everything is pretty cute on him. :) I also discovered that there is actually an Equate night cream with retinol that is way cheaper than the expensive Roc night cream I bought - yay! It's nice to know that I can save a lot of money on that.

Tonight, I sang through some music and talked to Tim on the phone; we bandied about some ideas for our Drury (our alma mater) gig next month. We've been commissioned to sing for a hoity-toity donor dinner. We'll each do a Broadway solo and then one duet. I'm probably going to do something from either Music Man or My Fair Lady. Should be fun! I also worked on learning some of the music for my community choir. The director has picked some really pretty Christmas music!

All-in-all, a nice weekend. I'm ready for another week to begin - let's pick up the pace a little! :)

2 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

I agree about it being a nice weekend for chilling ( : Also, I like the faux sleeves on my boys too, they're really cute. I'm jealous of all the singing you are doing, maybe after I'm off this stupid modified activity bit I can come see your choir, and maybe sing with them next year.

Patty O. said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. I so wish I could be at that hoity toity dinner to hear you guys sing in person. That would be so cool!