Thursday, September 11, 2008

a good day

The first MOPS meeting went well, I think. A couple of the new people who had come to our registration carnival and registered and paid didn't show up today, which I thought was somewhat disheartening, but there were a couple of totally new people there, which was great! We all talked and ate and bonded, and my muffins were a hit. Everyone is really nice, and we all seem to feel comfortable with each other. So, I think it's going to be a really good year.

After that, I stopped by the band hall to see Brian and chat with the band guys I know, and I was able to get rid of the rest of my muffins there. :) I gathered Nick from Brian (Brian had picked him up from preschool), and he and I proceeded to the hospital, where I got my long overdue tetanus shot, in addition to the first of 3 Hep. A/Hep. B shots. And boy, did they hurt! The shot chick warned me that my arm will probably become quite sore, so I'm really looking forward to that. :) But, it's good to know that I'm going to be all up-to-date on all of the shots one needs (finally!).

I just had a one-hour nap, and am now using the rest of Nick's nap to catch up on a few chores and online TCB. Brian has a gig this evening, so he won't be home until 8:30 or 9. I think I'm going to use the time to do the dreaded task of pulling out all of Nick's fall clothes and having a try-on session. The poor kid hates it, and I don't blame him! Wish me luck...

2 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

Shots, ouch! I'm totally jealous that you got a nap, and you're muffins certainly were yummy! I'm looking forward to MOPS this year too, it is a good group ( : Sorry this comment is so scatterbrained!

Patty O. said...

I love your Eleanor Roosevelt quote. It is something I need to remind myself of often!!

Sorry about the shots. When I had my tetanus this summer, I was shocked how sore I was. I hope yours heals quickly and you will be spared the soreness. Glad to hear yoyr MOPS meeting went well. I missed the first one and will miss this week's too because of Danny;s therapy. I can't wait to finally start in Oct.