Tuesday, September 2, 2008

my baby's in REAL school!

It's really hitting me this week that Nick is in school - I mean, REAL school! See, his preschool is at an elementary school, so we're getting all of these experiences that most kids/parents don't have until Kindergarten. I mean, today he had his first school picture taken, and if I want to, I can join the PTO (What happened to it being called the PTA? PTO just sounds weird.). There's all sorts of fundraising, coin drives, BoxTops for Education, bake sales, etc. There's a fall carnival, and each grade is putting together a basket for a raffle. The preschool's basket theme is "bath time fun," so I have to go and get a couple of appropriate items. But the piece de resistance, in my opinion, is that I get to do Scholastic book orders! People, do you remember being a kid and getting those Scholastic fliers, and begging your parents to order cheap-o books for you? Well, now, I get to do it from the parental angle, and order books for Nick! What fun. I can't wait to turn in my first order. I know - I'm such a total dork. I just love all of this "schooly" stuff. I'm eating it up. I was a little disappointed that Nick didn't need much in the way of school supplies this year - that won't really kick in until Kindergarten. I just can't wait until I have to get him pencils, glue, folders, etc. I just love the look, feel, and smell of brand new, shiny school supplies, and I'm not ashamed to admit it! :) Ahhh - school days.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I know exactly what you mean. Those Scholastic book orders are my favorite. In fact, we got some order forms before school started when his teacher visited, and I cannot find them anywhere. I tore the house apart looking and was o disappointed that I wouldn't be able to order books this time. Oh well....there's always next month.