Sunday, July 8, 2007

dipping my toes into the waters...

Hey! I figured I’d finally jump on the whole blog bandwagon, although I’m still skeptical that I actually have enough interesting stuff to say to keep anyone coming back for more. I guess that’s not necessarily the point, though. My blog’ll be here if I want it. Don’t hold your breath for frequent posts, although I’ll do my best! Everyone I know seems to be blogging, so I was starting to feel a little left out.

As for the title, there was once an actual salamander in my Dad’s slipper (His house is in a rather wooded area and is a haven to many non-human creatures.), and my best friend (Tim - you’ll hear more about him) and I thought that would make a great children’s book title. We never wrote the book, but I figured I might as well put the catchy phrase to use as my blog title. Why not?


P.S. We don't know for sure if it was really a salamander vs. some other kind of lizardlike creature, but we were going for the alliteration. Artistic license, ya know?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, your Dad's house in the woods, near charming Crotwell Grotto. I remember it well!

Amy Jane said...

Kathcart, you made me chortle!

J said...

Woohoo! Finally, you've joined the rest of us freaks in blogging.

I'll have to put you in the blogroll and add you to my bloglines account!

Hope things are going well with you and if you need any tips or help with the blog, just let me know.

Tell the boys "hey" for "me". Hee "hee"!

Patty O. said...

Amy,

Glad to see you giving in to peer pressure. I am looking forward to your blogs. It is actually fun and I enjoy reading what my smart, witty friends are thinking/experiencing. Almost as good as a face-to-face chat....but not quite.

I miss you!
Patty

Amber said...

I am so glad you have a blog. I sure have missed you and now I feel like I am part of your world. So what are you and Nick going to be doing on August 17th? Call me!