Friday, July 27, 2007

complete disclosure

I figured, if I'm going to go public with my weight-loss efforts, I might as well go whole-hog (pun intended) and reveal my actual weight and target weight. Nothing like a little public shame to motivate one! As you can see on the sidebar, my beginning weight is 206, and according to the BMI calculators, I'm well-established in the "obese" category. I really don't think of myself as obese, but apparently, I am. To be in the normal category for my height, I have about 55-60 lbs. to lose. Ack! It seems like such a huge number. But, I really want it, and I think that this might just be my season for success. I hate to sound like I'm begging, but honestly, any encouragement, prayers, whatever I get will be immensely appreciated! I think that to feel like I have "partners" in this endeavor will be a huge contributor to my success. After all, I am rather a social butterfly. :) Patty - thank you so much for all your helpful comments. You're such a great friend and person! I love you and miss you.

I'm feeling really good today, because my disgustingly thin neighbor :), Angela, has agreed to start walking with me in the evenings, and we walked last night for 45 mins. Whoo hoo! And, we're doing it again tonight. So, big kudos to Angela for being my walking buddy. I think it's going to make a huge difference to have someone to walk with. It's so much more fun that way! I feel like I really might be on my way this time...

P.S. I'm going to see "Hairspray" on Sunday - I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh good grief, you are not obese. If you are obese, then I am something akin to a moon orbiting Jupiter-much larger. But it is great you're walking. That's relly good for your heart and metabolism and more fun than working out in the basement. Keep up the good work!

Rebecca

Patty O. said...

I HATE those stupid BMI calculators! They always gave me angst until Bil looked at one and realized that according to the BMI, be is overweight. That made me feel better, because I don't think of him as overweight at all. I think they are a bit overzealous in their calculations.

That's great about your waling partner. I really dislike walking on my own. It makes the time go much faster when you have a partner. There are all these studies, too that say you are more likely to stick with exercising when you ahve a partner. Keep up the great work. I am really impressed with how well you are doing. You are inspiring me to stick with it!