Thursday, July 26, 2007

the concert went well!

All-in-all, it went quite smoothly. There were a couple of songs that weren't so hot, and that had trouble spots, but that's to be expected when you've only had 6 rehearsals and are doing some pretty ambitious music. My solo went great - I felt really good about it, and I got lots of kudos afterwards, which is always nice. The best part was that my niece and I had 8 people representing us in the audience! My Dad, sister, brother, brother-in-law, best friend, and 3 other nieces were all there! That really made me happy.

After the concert, I went over to my best friend's house, and ended up being there until almost 3 a.m., talking and laughing with him. It was great! It made me feel like I was back in college. (Don't worry - I'm not a negligent mother; Nick and Brian were at home, and I was in Springfield solo.) Of course, I was very sorry yesterday morning, and am continuing to feel the effects of staying up that late - I'm just not cut out for that anymore! Sad, but true.

Yesterday, after a brief hullabaloo when my car mysteriously wouldn't start (It finally did, and the dealership couldn't find anything wrong - hmmm.), I ran a couple of errands and then came back home. It was a nice homecoming, with Nick SUPER happy to see me! Now, I'm just catching up on stuff and enjoying having hubby home on summer leave. He'll be off work until August 6! Whoo hoo! Currently, he and Nick are watching Mary Poppins AGAIN - it's Nick's latest obsession, and he has to watch it at least once a day. He has great taste! :)

More later....

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Don't you love coming home and having the kids be so excited? It always makes me feel so good.

Hey, you are doing fabulously well with your exercising. I am impressed: 5 out of 5 days. And remember you started with rarely exercising, so this is really big. Keep up the great work.

Amber said...

Congrats on the good concert!