Tuesday, April 7, 2009

the end of an era

We just got done setting up a full-size bed in Nick's room - he is now the official owner of a big boy bed! It's a pretty big step, as he was sleeping in a "toddler bed", which was simply his crib with a side rail removed. But, he was just about too long for it, so we decided it was time for a bed! I didn't want to mess with a twin bed, because I feel that when he's a teen, it would be too small for his comfort (I remember how much I hated having a twin bed as I got older.), and I didn't want to have to start with one size and then switch to another. Plus, we already owned a full-size bed, which we were using as our guest bed. We simply gave it to Nick, and we will move our full-size futon back up from the basement to use as our guest bed. So, it works out great, and all I had to buy was new bedding for Nick. He's really excited to sleep in his bed tonight, so we'll see how it goes. I'll share pics eventually...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yea, finally a new post! You just can't leave me in suspens abouthow life's going for almost a whole week.:) That's great about Nick's big boy bed. Did you have any trouble getting it to fit into his room?

Patty O. said...

Cool! I hope it goes well, but I am sure it will. What kind of bedding did you get? Do you have a theme in his room? We just redid Danny's room with Pixar Cars and he loves it.

Timothy Stoke said...

I finally have hi-speed and can view your blog! life is good!!
I can't believe that Nick is so big now and needs a big boy bed. Wow! 5 years.
Here's to multiples of 5s!