Saturday, November 8, 2008

zumba report

In my opinion, the class was just 'ight. But then again, maybe I'm just too picky. For one thing, the music was way too loud - I think I'm overly paranoid about my hearing because I'm a singer, so I'm really concerned about exposing myself to loud music. Secondly, the floor was sort of slippery, which sucked. Thirdly, the class was sort of large and impersonal compared to what I'm used to, and fourthly and most importantly, the instructor didn't really explain anything or slowly demonstrate moves, so if you were a first-timer, you just had to kind of try your best and hope you could figure everything out and keep up. I did pretty well, but had my moments. Parts of it were definitely fun, but because of all the reasons I just mentioned, I may not go back. Also, I noticed that while I did sweat some and get my heart rate up to an extent, I didn't get nearly the workout that I always get at my gym. I'm usually dying by the time one of my regular classes is over, especially step and kickboxing. So, I would have to give the Zumba class a "C."

My new friend Katherine went with me - she's one of the new instructors at my gym. It was fun to do the class with a friend, and afterwards, we went out for coffee. It was such fun! We are two people who could talk forever and never shut up, and no topic seems to be taboo. :) It was a great way to spend time, and left me feeling warm and fuzzy. Of course, I just met her and she's moving away in 3 months - it's the story of my life. I'll tell you what - I can't wait to live in Springfield, where I can actually make friends who will be sticking around! Living in a military community really sucks in that respect. :(

When I'm done on the computer today, I'm going to go gather up a bunch of stuff to donate to Goodwill. My friend Rebecca has really galvanized me - she came over last night to try on my shirts and sweaters, and she took a bunch of stuff. The best part, though, was that she very generously offered to take whatever she didn't want and donate it to Goodwill, along with some of her own stuff that she was planning to take there. Getting all of that stuff out of the house (it was a LOT!) has just made me want to get rid of more stuff! The floodgates have opened, people.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I'm tickled to see I have motivated you.:) What section of the closet are you demolishing next?

Patty O. said...

Regarding the exercise class, I have noticed that dance-based classes don't typically raise my heart rate as much as say, step aerobics or kickboxing. This is why I am getting a dancey tape for now while I am pregnant and my endurance is a bit lower. I figure it will be perfect for now and when I am getting back into shape after the babe is born.

That sucks that Rebecca is moving. I am in the same boat with getting crap out of my house. I have a big box to take to Catholic Charities this week. I just want less clutter!