Monday, November 10, 2008

post of the day

First of all:

Happy Birthday to you;
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Jutta;
Happy Birthday to you!

AND:

Happy Anniversary to you;
Happy Anniversary to you!
Happy Anniversary, dear Greg & Gayle;
Happy Anniversary to you!

(and many more, to all three of you!)


Today, Brian had the day off, so I decided to head up to Rolla for some shopping. I got a really cute bracelet for $5 - a total impulse buy, but sometimes ya just gotta have those, no?

So, even though I was all set with a "little black dress" to wear for the Army Band Christmas concerts, I had started to think that a "little red dress" would be even better - what an impact it would make for me to walk out on stage in bright red for a holiday concert! So, I went to JCPenney with the idea that I would just see if they had anything. And of course, they did. I ended up getting this totally hot red dress (in a size 6!!!) - it was originally $70, but I paid $29, so you can't beat that with a stick. And then, I just had to get some silver high-heeled sandals to wear with it (You can follow that logic, can't you?), so I found some at Payless - originally $23, I paid $14. Yay! Now, for under $45, I have a totally smashing, much more eye-catching Christmas concert ensemble. (sigh of contentment)

That sums up the high points of my day! Tomorrow, I'm going to check out the local Veterans' Day parade, unless it's raining. Are you doing anything special?

2 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

Amy,

Sounds like an awesome ensemble! Size 6!? Wow. Nothing special happening tomorrow. John is working and I have sick kids, and a probable visit from an out of state relative. Eek! What a weekend ) : Enjoy Veteran's day.

Patty O. said...

Awesome buys. Can't wait to see pictures of you in that outfit. you look so good in red, too, and you're right--it will make quit an impact.