Friday, November 7, 2008

you lose some, you gain some

Well, I'm back up a pound this week, which really doesn't surprise me after the way I ate in St. Louis. :) I'm still pretty OK with where I am. The thing that worries me is where I'll be after the holidays. I really don't want to creep towards 150 again, and I'm afraid that will happen. I guess I'll just have to really try to control myself as much as possible, and most importantly, keep working out as often as I can.

Speaking of working out, I'm going to try a new class tomorrow at the fitness center on post, and I'm looking forward to it! (If you had told me, a year ago...) It's called Zumba, and it's apparently a cardio workout that incorporates Latin dance moves. Sounds like it's right up my alley! I'll let you know how it went.

I'm inching ever-closer to becoming a certified group fitness instructor. For me, it's a matter of timing and overcoming my fears. I'm thinking of doing a certification workshop at the end of January. I just need to get some more info first, and do some soul-searching. And I need to get my CPR certification first.

It's a sunny, cold day here. How about in your neck of the woods?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so hard to go on vacation and not eat all the yummy food! Don't feel bad. At least its only 1 pound and not 5! Hungry girl does alot of "made-over" recipes for the holidays so that might help you survive. I think you will do fine. =)

Patty O. said...

How cool is that! I have often toyed with the idea of becoming an aerobics instructor--always planned to once I lost all my weight, which has still never happened. I think it would be so great--you get paid to work out, but also think of the people you would inspire. I always enjoyed instructors who had lost weight and who knew what it was like to be unfit and then change that. You could really help people overcome their fears and get healthy. I think you would be great at it, too. Just my two cents.....

And I hear you on the holidays. I think if you keep working out that will help the most. I am trying to be really careful (I have only gained a couple of pounds so far and would like to continue the trend at least another month, so that my overall weight gain is smaller than with the past pregnancies...Less to lose after) but have had couple of bad days, mostly because I was really dumb and actually bought Twinkies. I mean, really what was I thinking? I should have Bil take the rest to work....

BTW, my ultrasound is next Thursday. Remember my last ultrasound when you called and launched our friendship?

Amber said...

Back in my teen days I had some Zumba videos, it was fun! My sisters and I had a blast working out with them.
I'm trying to lose the last of my Zoey weight, but caring for a baby doesn't leave much time for exercise. So far I've just been trying to get outside daily with the girls and then do Wii Fit in the evenings when they are sleeping. I'd love to join a gym that has childcare, but that will have to wait.
Anyway, you are an inspiration and I have no doubt that you'll make it through the tempting holiday season with very minimal gainage.

Christie said...

One of my good friends here goes to Zumba classes and says it's a good workout and really enjoyable. I'll be interested to hear how you get on! I really need to get my butt in gear and start working out again. I want to go to the gym 2 to 3 times a week and go to Body Pump once a week, but I just keep putting it off.