Thursday, November 20, 2008

random ramblings

It's been a pretty good week so far. Tuesday, I went grocery shopping, and in an amazing twist of fate, I got through the store really quickly, I got every single item on my list, and there was no line at the checkout! It was truly wondrous. That alone made my day. :)

Yesterday, I got a haircut. I'm not sure how I feel about it. The woman ended up cutting it shorter than I originally wanted. I'm not sure how it happened - I think we just both got a little carried away. So, it's hard to get used to, though it is pretty cute. I'm just used to having more hair on the sides, and it's suddenly short there again - I don't have much going on in the sideburn area anymore, and it's above my ears again. I still have length in the front, which I like. So, right now, I'm just kind of feeling *eh* about it. We shall see if it grows on me. Well, it WILL grow on me, literally, so I just have to wait awhile, and I'm sure I'll like it more. :) Hair grows - I just keep telling myself that. Why is it so hard to achieve the perfect haircut?

This morning I had a MOPS meeting. I ended up being in charge in a very last-minute fashion, after our coordinator's son threw up shortly before the meeting and she had to skip it. Our mentor mom leader was gone, too, so another mentor mom (Donna) and I just took charge and ran the meeting. It ended up going very well. Not much structure - we just worked on a craft and visited - but it was very enjoyable for everyone, I think. We have such a great group of ladies! The main thing today was that we all brought desserts we had baked for the Thanksgiving dinner at Genesis House, a local shelter for battered women and children. We had a great number and variety of desserts, so I think our contribution will really enhance their dinner. I made my yummy, decadent gooey cream cheese bars. And the craft we did was actually centerpieces for their tables, which I hope they'll like, too. I always enjoy MOPS meetings, and only wish they happened more than twice a month.

This evening, we went to parent-child night at Nick's preschool. There was lots of incredibly yummy potluck-y food, which I overindulged in, of course. That was pretty much a foregone conclusion. :) In observation of Native American month, they had this Cherokee guy named Chad Lookinghorse there, and he told the kids some Cherokee folklore and did some dances. And can I just say that he was H-O-T??? I mean, I know I sound like a total trollop, getting all turned on by a guy at my son's preschool function, but he was really, really good looking. I was talking about it with some of the other moms, and they were in concurrence. It added a nice little frisson of enjoyment to the evening. Good food AND eye candy!

So, that's my week thus far. How is yours going?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am simply impressed you used the words "trollop" and "frisson" in the same post. Yippe for a big vocabulary!:)

Patty O. said...

OK, you totally made me laugh out loud. In several places. I love that getting through the grocery store quickly made your day, because it would make mine too. I think I would have a heart attack if it happened at Wal-mart!

I wish you had gotten a picture of the hot Cherokee man. These pregnancy hormones are working a number on me--let's just say Bil is enjoying himself!! (Sorry is that too much information?)

Thanks for your comments on my blog. Yes, let's work on being grateful together.

Anonymous said...

lol. You crack me up! Don't worry about the Cherokee guy thing. I almost joined a Cherokee Club in College because I am part Cherokee but I didn't because the professor that led the group had a really hot 20 something son that I couldn't stop imagining in a loin cloth. =)