Tuesday, July 29, 2008

we're having a blast!

Hey, peeps! I'm blogging on a computer at our (very nice) hotel. We're having a great time here in St. Louis! Yesterday, we went to the Magic House on our way into town, and Nick had a great time exploring everything there. We were pretty tired by the time we checked in, so we just had dinner at the adjacent restaurant and chilled in our room. I did fit in a workout, though, so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Plus, I've been eating really well so far - yay! Nick slept like a champ last night on the pull-out sleeper sofa in our room, and actually kept his GoodNite dry! What's up with that? Why can't he do that at home?

We slept pretty well, too, and we all hit the ground running today to go to the City Museum. My head is still exploding from the sheer awesomeness of that place. I can't even begin to describe it, so I won't. All that I can say is that if you live anywhere near St. Louis and you haven't been to it, you need to go - especially if you have kids, but even if you don't. I'm not kidding. You really MUST go. You won't be sorry! It's unlike anything you've ever seen in your life. It will completely blow your mind, and you'll be amazed that this place exists. That's all I can say about that.

This evening, my old friend Jerry Dickneite is going to gather us at the hotel and take us out to dinner. I'm so excited! I haven't seen him since 2005, so this will be a zesty treat. He's good people.

Tomorrow, the plan is to hit the Science Center and the Botanical Gardens on our last day here. Thursday morning, our plan is to stop by the Cathedral Basilica (which has the world's largest collection of mosaic art), hit Trader Joe's for some foodstuffs, and then head home. A faboo trip, all-in-all!

Now, go make your plans to visit the City Museum. Seriously - do it! Not going would simply be a crime. I guess I lied a few paragraphs ago when I said that was all I had to say about it. :)

No comments: