Thursday, July 24, 2008

it's good to be home

My drive home went very smoothly, and I got here at 4:30 yesterday afternoon. Nick was still napping, but after a short while, I went into his room to get him up, and he was so happy to see me! He hugged me, burying his face in my neck, and wouldn't let go. And I know this sounds cheesy, but even after being gone for just a few days, I was just overcome with a wave of emotion as I hugged him. I was just so incredibly happy to see him again that I almost cried. And it was wonderful to see Brian, too. We also shared a long hug, and settled onto the couch in our usual places to chat about my trip and what they did while I was gone. Last night, Brian had class, so Nick and I had time to bond. We went to Wendy's for dinner, and then to Walmart for a few things, and we just had such a good time together! Nick behaved so well and was still so happy to see me - he kept telling me that he loved me and was happy I was back. We had a lot of fun just trolling the aisles of Walmart, singing and being silly. We got him a new pair of sunglasses, and he kept modelling them for everyone we passed, telling them that they, too, could get new sunglasses at Walmart! :) The whole evening was just so nice. I'm sure that soon, Nick will tire of being on his best behavior and the novelty of having me back will fade, but for now, it's awfully enjoyable. This morning, the three of us enjoyed snuggles in bed, and that was wonderful. I've gotten a lot of little stuff done today, like unpacking, laundry, working out, etc., so I feel pretty accomplished. And I'm really looking forward to yoga this evening. I miss my Effingham girls, though!

No comments: