Friday, July 25, 2008

paying the price

Well, the results are in, and they're not pretty. I gained a whopping 3 lbs. during my decadent visit to IL! I'm actually pretty horrified and ashamed. I assumed I'd gain a pound or two, but three just seems so awful. Believe it or not, that is the largest gain I've had since I started this weight-loss endeavor over a year ago. I didn't even gain that much at Christmas! Looking back over the five days in IL, I really can't believe the way I ate - I'm pretty disgusted with myself, and sad to be back below the 50-lb. mark. And what worries me even more is that we're spending 3 days in St. Louis next week, which will probably just add insult to injury. I'm just going to have to really buckle down and use some tough love on myself. Sigh. After the fact, I realize that it really just isn't worth it to let myself go and eat like that. I don't care how good the food was - it wasn't worth gaining 3 lbs.! I wish I could have a do-over. :) I just have to learn to somehow remember this feeling before I overeat, rather than after. Wish me luck on getting headed back in the right direction...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!! It is always so nice to meet other people on this same journey. :) You have done FABULOUS!! 50 pounds in a year is incredible - congratulations on all of your hard work!!!

Don't waste too much time beating yourself up for a gain. It is a minor blip on the progress you have made, and I am sure that you will have it taken off in no time.

Keep up the great work!!
Kim