Tuesday, July 22, 2008

spinning class

I tried spinning class, and it was certainly a good workout, but it is not for me. I do not like it, Sam I Am! Let's just say that my butt is not used to sitting on a bike seat. And even if I could stick it out and get past the butt pain, I just didn't like it in general. I found it too confining to be stuck on a bike for an hour. Whether I like it or not is really neither here nor there, as there's no spinning class where I live. It's just as well, because I prefer a class where you move around more, like kickboxing. But it was fun to go with my friends and check it out, and the abs/legs class afterwards was great! Tonight, I'm planning to go to a kickboxing class. I just bought new Aasics tennies at Kohl's (a zesty green and grey pair), so I'm looking forward to wearing my new shoes. Patty bought the same ones, so we're shoe twinkies!

Last night, Patty, Carrie, Kelly, and I had dinner at the Firefly Grill, which is an amazing restaurant! Everything on the menu is just delectable! We enjoyed the hummus platter and some crab rangoon as appetizers. I had a chicken pot pie with a side of summer squash and zucchini - yum! We each ordered a different dessert - cheesecake, strawberry shortcake, banana cake, and molten chocolate lava cake - and shared them in a frenzied free-for-all. :) We were all feeling pretty bloated by the time we were done, but it was worth it. We ended up being there for 3 hours, and we had such a good time eating, talking, and laughing. Love my Effingham peeps!

I'm feeling a bit sad that my visit will be ending tomorrow, but it will be nice to get back home and see my guys and sleep in my own comfy bed. Next week, Brian, Nick and I are off to St. Louis for 3 days to stay in a hotel there and do some neat stuff.

No comments: