Wednesday, July 16, 2008

made my day!

What had been an otherwise rather ordinary day has turned out to be quite momentous. My Jutta-friend called me from Germany, and I got to speak to her for the first time since she moved away about a month and a half ago! Yay! It was great - we had a nice, long chat and got all caught up. I love talking to her on the phone, because it's always so easy and flowing, and we never run out of things to say. They have found a house to buy and things are coming together for them. And perhaps I can go visit them after they're all settled. Maybe next spring? We shall see. It was just so great to hear her voice and find out how she's doing. So, I'm smilin'.

I'm also smilin' because I leave for IL in a mere two days! I almost can't stand it. I am so excited to have 5 days there, BY MYSELF, to just chill with my peeps and enjoy my hotel room, indoor pool, and fitness room. I just can't wait to see my friends again, and it's probably going to be pretty good for my ego. You see, the last time they all saw me (two years ago), I was a big girl, so this will be the official weight-loss unveiling, and they probably won't believe the difference! I'm looking forward to eating at the restaurants I love there, maybe doing some shopping, and mostly just having relaxed time to chat and catch up with everyone, especially my dear Patty-friend. You can't see it, of course, but I'm literally doing a little happy-dance in my chair right now. :)

I'll try to post one more time ere I depart, but then you probably won't be hearing from me until I'm back.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I am joining you in your happy dance. Mine closely resembles the head-in-the-air twirly dance that Snoopy always does....

Your unveiling will be spectacular!!! I cannot wait to see you in person. I do wish I had a similar unveiling to show you, but am working on it. It will come. We are going to have so much fun!!!!!