Sunday, December 2, 2007

the concert is over...

...and it went OK. A couple of the songs had some issues, but we made it through. And my solo (O, Holy Night) went very well. I got lots of kudos, which is always nice! My Dad and my friends Jutta and Rebecca came, which made it even more special. After the concert, we all enjoyed some cookies and punch at the post-concert reception, and then Mike (Army band member who sang in the choir as well) went out to dinner with me, Brian, Nick, and my Dad. It was a lovely, if tiring, day. During the evening, I worked on my Christmas cards and just relaxed and watch Desperate Housewives. I'm really looking forward to slipping 'twixt my delicious flannel sheets...

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I am so glad your solo went well. Good job! By the way, I never congratulated you on the weight loss this week. Good job! You are really amazing. I am so impressed. When you have a week that is less than stellar, you get right back in gear the following week. That is what I need to do, but am struggling with. I need to emulate your confidence and tenacity.

Anyway, also thank you so much for what you said on my blog about what I do for my kids being as important as a job. That is something I have realized that I struggle with: feeling as worthwhile as a mom as I did as a teacher. Which is just crazy, because I for one value moms and all that they do. I am working on my attitudes and how I talk to myself. Anyway, you are so great that way, always giving me much needed pep talks!