Friday, December 14, 2007

black friday :(

Well, I certainly seem to be rather manic lately, don't I? Up and down. I guess that's life. First of all, I'm rather disheartened that I gained 1/2-lb. this week, because while I may not have been eating in the best manner possible, I also worked my butt off exercising. I am so close to the 30-lb. mark, but just can't seem to quite get there. I guess I'm going to have to lay off the Christmas cookies entirely.

Secondly, the main reason for my black mood is the impending snowstorm we're supposed to get tonight into Saturday. If you'll look at my upcoming events in the right-hand column, you'll notice that I have several things going on in Springfield this weekend. This storm could obliterate all my fun in one fell swoop (not to mention my paycheck from National Avenue Church). I have been looking forward to this weekend so much! I was excited about singing, about seeing my nieces in their ice show and pageant, and I was really glad to be able to spend some time cheering my oldest niece up and just bonding with all of them. I had also been planning to use some coupons I have for mall stores that will expire before my next visit, and to get Nick's picture taken with Santa. I'm just so bummed that the snowstorm has to happen on THIS particular weekend. Grrr. All of my plans just wiped out. I know there's no point stewing over it, since it can't be controlled and none of my plans were life-or-death, but if you know me, you know I'm a stewer. Just call me "Stewy." :) Sigh. It looks like our area could get several inches of snow, so I'm already resigning myself to being stuck here this weekend. I'm trying to accept it, but my brain is resisting.

Nothing really going on today - I just have to pay bills and do laundry, and then tonight, we're going to see Brian in the Army Band concert.

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

That stinks totally! I hope the weather cooperates with you. You were so right when you said previously that this time of year is often packed with fun activities, but is also fraught with the possibility of sickness or weather derailing those fun plans. I feel for you. We are having a progressive dinner tomorrow night, which I always look forward to (we have it for the women at church every year at Christmas time and I am helping with it) but it also may be canceled due to weather and sickness. I know it is not on the same level as your plans, but I feel for you.

Also, don't beat yourself up over the weight gain. It could very well be water weight that may disappear next week. Don't give up! You have come so far!! By the way, sometimes when you amp up your exercise routine, your muscles temporarily retain water (I can't remember why) so that also might be the case and you will see results next week when your body has absorbed that water....

Anonymous said...

Maybe you are gaining some more muscle as you exercise or something. I think you're doing awesome and being quite good.

As to the weekend, maybe you and Brian could do some "laundry" or something to keep yourselves entertained. Or you could use your "library" card for some "reason". :-D We're getting hit with that same snowstorm this weekend, so I'm feeling your pain.