Friday, December 28, 2007

a blast from the past!

The coolest thing happened today: the phone rang, and it was my ex-boyfriend Rick, whom I hadn't seen or talked to in over 10 years! He was actually the last boyfriend I had before Brian, and I had always wondered what happened to him. It's such a small world - he actually lives close by to us. He has family in the area, so after moving around a lot, he ended up here about 4 years ago. I guess he wondered what happened to me, too, because he looked me up online, saw that I live here, and decided to give me a call. It was so awesome! After I got over my initial sputtering astonishment, we had a really long, good conversation and got pretty much caught up with each other. We decided that we'll have to get together soon. He's a really good guy, and it's nice to be in touch with him again. Wow! Quite a big surprise in the middle of an otherwise humdrum day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite cool.
very cool indeed.
=]

Well I'm happy for you.
Have fun with Squishpoop.

Patty O. said...

That is cool. I am impressed that you actually have an ex boyfriend you would enjoy hearing from. The only reason I would like to hear from the last guy I dated before Bil would be to rub his nose in my success. I guess I am a bit bitter still, huh? He was a total schmuck when he broke up with me (he handled it so poorly that I am still smarting a little bit from it) and I am mad at myself for ever having dated him in the first place, but especially for having put up with his crap. The good thing, though, is his stupidity really made me appreciate Bil and his genuine kindness, so I suppose I should thank him for that.