Saturday, December 22, 2007

a wonderful day with my best friend

Tim and his mom arrived here around noon and left around 7 p.m., and we had a wonderful day together! We didn't really do much of anything exciting, but we just had a great time talking and laughing, and Kathie and Tim enjoyed spending time with Nick. We went out for Chinese for lunch, and then went to the commissary (the grocery store on post) and WalMart. The day left me feeling very warm, fuzzy, and loved. It left Nick very wired and spastic, but then, what's new? :)

I didn't end up going to Brigitte's for caroling. I'm just too tired, and the weather has gotten kind of nasty - cold, very windy, and rainy, with a chance of snow. So, I'm in for the night.

Tomorrow morning, I have more laundry to do (again - what's new?), and we're going to get all packed up and head to Springfield tomorrow late afternoon/evening. There will be much to pack in the car - in addition to the usual, we have a surplus of Christmas gifts, plus ingredients and equipment for the stuff I'll be baking, etc. When we get all settled in Springfield, we might go out and drive around looking at Christmas lights - that would be a great way to end the night!

Monday, I will be making nutty chocolate bars and mint chocolate peppermint bark, and generally helping my Dad get ready for Monday evening, when the whole family will descend for the familial Christmas celebration. The kids will all open their gifts from the aunts, uncles, and grandpa, and there will be much consumption of cookies and other decadent fare. After singing at the 7 p.m. service at National Avenue Church, Tim will come over and he and I will have our own gift exchange. Then, we'll probably hang out and maybe drive around looking at lights again. There are a few "famous" homes in Springfield where the owners really go all out.

Christmas morning, Nick, Brian, and I will open the gifts from each other and from Brian's parents, and then we'll probably just hang out all day, not doing much, until we go to Tim's house for Christmas dinner. Yum!

On the 26th, I have various objectives, including visiting friends, getting a much-needed haircut, doing a bit of shopping, etc. We'll finally head home on Thursday. Brian will be off work all next week and the following week, so we'll have lots of time for togetherness and domesticity. :)

We don't really have any plans for New Year's Eve - we'll probably just have a couple of people over, and my niece might drive up from Springfield and spend the night - yay!

That pretty much sums up my holiday plans. I probably won't post tomorrow, so this is my last pre-Christmas post.

I hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful Christmas!!! Travel safely, and have fun...

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

It sounds like you had a great day. I hope your Christmas in Springfield is wonderful and merry. You deserve it!