Thursday, December 27, 2007

we're back from springfield

We got back a couple of hours ago, and we're getting unpacked, processed, and resettled. It's really good to be back in my cozy home. We had a great time in Springfield - fun with family and friends, lots of presents (way too many for Nick!), ridiculous amounts of decadent food. My weigh-in tomorrow will most certainly not be pretty. :) But, I'm gonna get right back into the swing of things as far as diet and exercise.

The day after Christmas, I did a bit of shopping and snagged some great deals, like VSmile cartridges for 1/2 off, Christmas cards for 1/2 off, wall calendars for 1/2 off, etc. I love great deals!!! I also finally got a desperately-needed haircut, and it was great to visit with Tracy (my hairdresser and good friend).

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now with everything I have to do: get all the presents dealt with and put away, process a ton of digital photos, get rid of some of Nick's toys to make room for the new, clean my house, do laundry, take down the Christmas decor, etc. Whew! I know I just need to take it one day and one task at a time, but it's hard not to think about it all at once and get anxious.

I don't have much else to say right now. Not feeling too gabby. I think I'm just going to chill out on the sofa for awhile, in fact. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas...

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I'm glad yuo had a good Christmas. I know what you mean about feeling overwhelmed. I feel that way and we didn't even go anywhere. Yet, whenever everyone is home, the house always gets ugly. Plus, the Snoopy Sno-COne machine does not help. Danny loves it, but has spilt quite a bit of juice and such in the last few days, so I have a really sticky kitchen floor. I should have mopped today, but took the time to exercise instead, and I feel good about that. I have been freezing fuit juice to use in it instead of the syrup--the kids get way more sugar than they need as it is!
P.S. thanks for the comment on my blog. i have never been called "tiny" before.. I like it!