Sunday, November 4, 2007

lazy sunday

I still don't really have anything of import to say, but I'm a bit bored, so thought I'd blog just for the heck of it.

How is everyone's weekend? Did you remember to fall back? I love falling back. It's so nice to realize, at the end of the evening, that you have a whole extra hour!

Yesterday, I went out solo for some shopping. I started at the Hallmark open house, where I enjoyed some punch and a cookie, and even won a drawing - I NEVER win stuff, so that was pretty amazing. My prize wasn't something I particularly adore (an ornament), but the winning itself was nice. I got some greeting cards, thank you notes, and a couple of other things.

Then, I moved on to Dollar General and Dollar Tree. I got a couple of Christmas gifts for Nick at the former, and nothing at the latter. After some chicken nuggets and a baked potato at Wendy's, I finished up at WalMart. Didn't get anything overly exciting there - just some stuff I needed. Oh, I did get a cute hoodie (in a junior size L, no less!).

So, there you have it. That is pretty much the pinnacle of excitement that can be achieved here in my small town. Rather sad, isn't it? It WAS nice to be out and about by myself, though, and to be able to take all the time I wanted. Brian is so sweet that way - he never begrudges me these things. The same could not be said for all husbands, to be sure.

To round out the day, I did laundry, sang, exercised, cut Brian's and Nick's hair, bathed Nick, and changed all the clocks. A fairly accomplished day, I guess. Today, there's not much to do, really. Or I guess I should say that there are things I COULD do, but I don't particularly feel like it. I'm doing some more laundry (when am I NOT doing laundry?), and we checked all of our smoke alarms. I need to put all of my Halloween decor away in the basement, but am avoiding it like a champ. :) At some point, I will definitely sing and exercise, because those are non-negotiable (the singing is a must because I have a gig in a week). And later, we're going to put the sumptuous flannel sheets on our bed - mmmm! So, that's my day!



4 comments:

Patty O. said...

That mini-break you had where you went shopping sounds so great to me. A sure sign I need a break! I have been inspired by you and am determined to get a night off this week!!

Hey, congratulations with the weight loss. You are so awesome!! I am going to see a nutritionist tomorrow who should be putting me on a diet that can help me with my sugar cravings. We shall see how that goes.

Patty O. said...

Amy,

Thank you for your wonderful words of encouragement (and just so you know, I don't think it is ever inappropriate to be complimented on my writing. I was really flattered.) Thanks for always listening and validating. I really appreciate it--friends like you are hard to come by!
--P

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I love your super exciting life! Glad you are coming on Sat.

Anonymous said...

Yeehaw! Another 1.5 pounds bite the dust. Way to go! I am so impressed--you don't have any setbacks. I need you to mentor me!!!