Saturday, November 24, 2007

christmastime is here; happiness and cheer!

This morning when Brian went into Nick's room to get him up, Nick said "This is terrible! My car is under my bed yet again, and yet again, I must go under the bed and get it!"

As you can see, I only gained a pound from Thanksgiving, which I find to be a happy surprise. The way I ate left me believing that the damage would be much worse. :) A pound I can handle! This week, I should be able to exercise and eat well with no problem, so hopefully, I can lose that pound and maybe a bit more.

Thanksgiving was lovely. My Dad and I had a bit of snarkiness with each other as we tried to prepare the turkey (neither of us had ever done one before), but you have to understand that with us, snarkiness is our language. It's how we relate, so really, it was nothing out of the ordinary. It's our way of sharing our love. :) Our friend Mike (from the Army band) drove to Springfield to join us, and my entire family descended upon the paternal home. We had ridiculous amounts of sumptuous food, including all the classics and 3 kinds of pie! My sister made my Mom's sausage stuffing, as she always does, and it was faboo as usual. Everything was great, really. I really enjoyed getting to bond with my nieces, as that doesn't happen nearly enough. And Mike brought some delicious wine, so some of us were really feelin' the love! :) I'll admit that I got pleasantly tipsy. Later in the evening, Tim stopped by to visit, much to Nick's delight. All-in-all, it was a heart-warming, lovely day.

Yesterday, we didn't do much. I went to see the movie "Enchanted" with Tim (after stopping by his house for a lunch of leftovers), and we liked it! It was cute and funny, and quite refreshing. I recommend it. We came home yesterday evening, stopping for dinner at Steak 'n' Shake on the way. Yum!

Now, it's Saturday morning, and as soon as I am all caught up online, the Christmas decorating shall commence...

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sounds like a lovely holiday! I am jealous of the wine drinking, I miss that with being preggo, oh well.
We have had a nice weekend too, put up our tree yesterday. Zara LOVES it, the first thing she said this morning was "I love my Chwismas tree mommy!"
I can't wait to see pictures of your all our decorating!

Patty O. said...

Glad you had such a good Thanksgiving. That sausage stuffing sounds delish. I wish I could try some!

Since we were stuck at home, we started the decorating and had so much fun. It was idyllic--Danny looked at each and every Christmas ornament and got excited about them, jabbering on and on about snowmen and santa clauses. The kids played with the golden garlands of beads, which never made it on the tree and they beg us to put the lights on as soon as they wake up. Christmas really is more fun with kids.