Wednesday, November 21, 2007

happy thanksgiving, everyone!

We're leaving for Springfield this evening, so I wanted to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving. Though not my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving is something I cherish, because there's no gifts or hoopla - just a day with family, eating good food and reflecting on all of the blessings in our lives. There's certainly something to be said for that! I hope that everyone has a good day tomorrow, and let's all remember to be thankful for what we have. We'll have about 14 or so people at my Dad's house, so it's sure to be a rip-roarin' good time! :) On Friday, I'm going to just relax - maybe go to a movie. I will most certainly NOT be hitting the stores - no bargain is worth it to me to go out shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. Will you be shopping that day? If so, where will you go?

We'll be back on Friday evening or Saturday morning, and then the Christmas decorating shall commence...:)

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

I most definitely will not be shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. That would be right up there with a trip to the dentist on things I would not enjoy. I am not big into shopping as it is, but when you add very large crowds of obnoxious people, it becomes a chore that I can barely tolerate. Luckily, I have a good portion of my shopping done. Since we won't be going to Chicago for Christmas, i tried to get all my shopping done ahead of time and mostly succeeded. Now, all I have to worry about is buying for Bil and the kids (and the kids are almost done as it is. Plus, they are the fun ones to shop for. Bil has already bought them a Snoopy Sno-Cone machine, which is really probably more for Bil--he has great memories of making snow cones for all his family.)
Well, happy decorating!

Anonymous said...

I shopped although we left a little late and I wasn't out to get anything very unattainable. But, I got what deals I went for and amd satisfied. It is always fun to see the kaos(sp). Anywho...