Friday, November 16, 2007

i'm halfway there!

I almost can't believe it! In 17 weeks' time, I have come halfway to my weight-loss goal. It's a great feeling. One little caveat, though: I'm thinking of adjusting my goal weight from 155 down to 150, in which case I'll have to lose another 2.5 pounds to be halfway. But, that's just a small detail. The reason for the adjustment would be that 150 would truly put me at a "normal" BMI, whereas 155 would put me more at the cusp of normal and overweight. But, I'm still unsure about this, because BMI doesn't take into account one's frame, and I have a large-ish frame. So, I'm just going to see how it goes and see if I think those last 5 pounds are necessary when the time comes. I've been feeling so good about myself lately that even at 170, I'll probably think I look great. For my health, though, I really want to stick it out all the way to my goal. And I'm still right on track to be done sometime in March (barring a long plateau), which is amazing! I mean, I can't believe that in 4 months' time, I could be all svelte! Just in time for Nick's 4th birthday, and for spring and summer. It's almost more than I can handle. OK - I'll stop gushing now. :)

Went to the Army band family gathering last night. It wasn't very well-attended, and the snacks were kind of lame :), but it was nice to finally meet Brian's new commander - she's very nice, and is quite excited that I sing! She is apparently a big fan of classical music and opera. It didn't quite come together for me to sing with the band this year for Christmas, but I have a feeling that I will be doing so next year. Brian is going to take a CD of me in for her to listen to. I also met a couple of other really nice band-members. I had a great, funny conversation with a guy named Greg. It's so weird, because my brother's name is Greg, and this guy's sister's name is Amy! Spooky.

Today is a pretty low-key day. I might talk Brian into going out for dinner when he gets home. I'm sure I won't have to twist his arm! I absolutely have to exercise this evening, because I have been such a slacker! I feel really guilty about it - I don't know what my deal is; I just seem to have lost some of my motivation in that department. I've still got my eating under control, though, which is good. I'm bound and determined not to let the exercise thing get out of hand. Besides, I've got much more Sex and the City to get through, and I'm totally hooked. :) So, down to the basement I'll go...

We don't have much planned for this weekend, really. We have various domestic stuff to get done, and I need to go to WalMart, but sadly, that's about it. Anyone around here got anything fun going on?

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I am so so so happy for you!!!!! You are doing so well. Seriously, 25.5 pounds in 17 weeks is amazing. You are doing it so steadily and consistently. I think I need to know your secret. I have never been as steady as you are in the weight loss department. As for your goal, I agree that you should wait and see how you feel. Doesn't it feel fantastic to look and feel better and to know that it is all because of your own hard work and determination? I am thrilled for you and would love to see a picture. I know I need to send you one. I just never get around to having mine taken. Too busy capturing the kids on film....