Friday, February 27, 2009

my man's a good daddy

Brian came home from a week-long Army Band trip to Chicago on Wednesday, and he brought Nick one of these. It's awesome! The concept is great, and they are so well-made. And if we were to get him one or two more, he could take them all apart and mix and match the pieces. I highly recommend this toy, for girls and boys. Brian also visited the Chicago Symphony gift shop and got Nick a t-shirt that says "treble maker." :) He brought me a couple of neat magnets and some musical notecards. What a thoughtful husband and dad!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what did nick get?

Amy Jane said...

Mary - click on the word "these." It's a link!

Patty O. said...

I am so jealous that Brian got to spend the week in Chicago. Love the cars. I also especially like the t-shirt. That's cute. How did you do with a week without Brian? I think it is hard to be without Bil for that long, especially now that I have kids. No break in the evenings, etc.

Amy Jane said...

Patty,

I did fine for the week. It was broken up by a trip to Springfield, which helped. And Nick was a pretty good boy. In a way, it was beneficial to us to have Brian gone, because it forced me to play with Nick more and focus on him - so often, when Brian's here, he's the one playing with Nick while I get stuff done around the house. So, it was good!