Sunday, August 3, 2008

wish me luck

I've been fasting since 7 p.m., because tomorrow morning I'm going to the lab to have my blood drawn to test for cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. I'm feeling somewhat nervous about it, which I know sounds kind of ridiculous - it's just that I so desperately want good results! You see, last September when I had this blood work done, my total cholesterol was under 200, but my HDL was too low, my LDL was too high, and my triglycerides were rather alarming. Given that I've lost all this weight and become so active, I'm really hoping they've all improved dramatically, and if they haven't, I'm going to be pretty dismayed. I would hate to have to go on medication. So, I guess I just feel like a lot is riding on these tests. My yearly check-up is a week from tomorrow, and I'll find out the results then. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Good luck. I will be praying that all goes well. I feel confident that your numbers will be better, but I know there is a possibility that they won't (if it is hereditary). This may be cold comfort, but at least you know you did all you could by getting fit and active and losing weight! According to all my research, though, losing weight is soooo helpful to lowering the numbers. I lowered mine after just losing 30 pounds. I am sure you have lowered yours too....

Anonymous said...

I hope it went well!!! I don't even know where to start. Hi! I am back-ish. Being gone for almost 2 months straight is something I will never do again. I am sort of tumbling back into life and reality. We will talk soon! You look HOT BTW! Smooches!