Sunday, August 24, 2008

a productive weekend

This weekend has been quite fruitful! Yesterday, I went to Pilates class, and after I got home, the guy came to clean our carpets. Today, we got everything back in its place, and now we have nice, fresh carpets (Well, I should qualify that by saying that the carpeting is as nice as 15-year-old, loose, dingy carpeting can be.). I guess the important thing is that even if it doesn't look fabulous, at least it's cleaner than it was, as evidenced by the filthy water the guy showed me. I always want to see the gross stuff - Show me the dirty water! Can I see my placenta? Things like that. :)

Of course, no weekend can be complete without a trip to Walmart. In this case, I have gone to Walmart THREE DAYS IN A ROW. I know - it's an illness. But there's always something I need, ya know? Today, on an impulse, I bought a curling iron and a hair straightener. Now that my hair's longer, I have decided that I need to avail myself of my various options. Heck, I only recently bought a blow-dryer, so this is quite a sparkly new world of wonder for me. I'm heady at the thought that I can now have curls or sleekness instead of my usual waviness. As for when I will actually use either of these implements for the first time remains to be seen.

I have recently noticed, much to my horror, the beginnings of some wrinkling on my forehead. So, I ran out and purchased a night cream with retinol - that's supposed to be the magical anti-aging ingredient. It's quite expensive, though, so unless I see a whole new face in a few weeks, I'll have to debate whether I'm going to buy more. I'll keep you posted.

I've noticed I'm rambling. Oh, well. It's MY blog!

Last night, we watched "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day." I recommend it! It's a frothy delight, but also has substance, and some of the dialogue is very sharp and witty. And I just love the way they did the ending. What Joe says to Miss Pettigrew just took my breath away, it was so unabashedly romantic! Contented sigh. Also, Michael (can't think of the actor's name) is very easy on the eyes.

Right now, I'm rather sore, because I've spent quite some time on a ladder painting our front shutters and the medallion vent thingy over the garage. The shutters were once a dark blue, but had become very faded and discolored, so I freshened them up with a nice, dark, periwinkly sort of blue. Then, in a fit of ingenuity, I decided to paint the medallion the same color to tie it in and make it pop against the siding. I like the results! The front of the house looks much nicer now.

The remainder of the evening will consist of a workout on the treadmill and elliptical and watching Army Wives. Then, it's time for bed and a new week! The wheel just keeps spinnin' round and round...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to see Miss Pettigrew and now I am sold on the idea. lately, I have been soooo into romantic movies and books. Not the trashy bodice rippers, but just sweet, smoldering looks and lines. Must be all the hormones a raging!

How do you like pilates? i have a couple tapes and really, really like them.