Wednesday, August 6, 2008

in the dark

Well, my day started somewhat roughly. For various reasons, I have not gotten enough sleep the past several nights, and I thought I would finally get a good night's sleep last night. I went to bed a little before 10:30 with my alarm set for 6:30. However, at about quarter to 5, I was awakened by my husband's muttering of the word "Great!" This utterance was in response to the realization that the electrical storms we had overnight had caused us to have a power outage. I dozed a little bit after that, but really, the jig was up. Then, I had to get ready in the gloom, and my breakfast was missing its toasted bagel and, most importantly, the coffee! The coffee, man! Boy, was I cranky and tired. And Nick was a bit thrown and clingy, as he often is when something like a power outage occurs. But, I made it to the fitness center for kickboxing and suffered through the class, after which I treated myself to a honkin' coffee from McDonald's (plus a Sausage McGriddles). And now, the power's back on! So, the day is looking up. I might just have to take a nap during Nick's. :)

No comments: