Tuesday, August 19, 2008

i love my mother-in-law!

How many people feel that way? Apparently, a lot of women do not get along with their mothers-in-law, but I am lucky enough not to have that problem. My MIL is a lovely woman who is nothing but loving and supportive. The only thing wrong with her is that she lives too far away (northern VA). It's very hard for us to get out there, and she has health problems that prevent her from travelling. :(

Anywho, I'm feeling particularly close to her today, because I just got the most wonderful surprise in the mail - a lovely note from her, including a check for $200 to use for the purchase of new, smaller clothes (scream of delight)! If you know me very well, you know how cheap I am, and with that much money, I can probably get around 20 or so new garments. I'm so excited! That lady is a doll.

In other news, I finally worked out today after skipping 4 days - shame on me! But, I'm back in the saddle with plans to work out every day for the rest of the week.

That's all, folks...

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Wow, what a wonderful treat! You will have so much fun shopping. Isn't it great to have such a supportive MIL? Mine is wonderful, too. I so wish they lived closer.

Anonymous said...

I am totally jealous!