Friday, August 22, 2008

frustration

I'm up 1.5 lbs. today. Aaarrrggghhhhh! I'm hovering so close to my goal, but can't quite get there. I mean, last week, I was teased by being just 1/2-lb. away from it, but now I'm back up. I've been in the 150s for almost 3 months now, and that just seems like forever! It seems like the number 150 is right outside my grasp - I just can't reach quite far enough to grab it, ya know what I mean? If it's this difficult to get to 150, then I wonder if 145 is just going to be an impossibility. Maybe I'll have to be happy right where I am. Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm going to work my butt off for the next week and see what my next weigh-in brings.

I needed a new umbrella, as the one I had was about 8 years old and was all faded, with a bent shaft. It was a sad, sorry thing! So, today, I picked up a festively striped new one at WalMart for a mere $3.83. Oh, today's purchase was another one for the record books: an umbrella, a belt, and Greek yogurt. :) Only at WalMart!

This evening, I'm going to rent some movies for the weekend (I'm thinking of Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day and Smart People, along with the second disc of Mad Men.), and also go to Hallmark for my quarterly card stock-up. Yes, I'm a bit of a freak about the cards, but anyone who's close to me has hopefully benefited from that and enjoyed the fruits of my obsession. :) I'm also a bit of a freak for their ornaments, though less so as the years go by and the prices creep ever higher.

Tomorrow is carpet cleaning day, and the rest of the weekend should be pretty low-key. What are your weekend plans?

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

the weight loss thing is so frustrating. I have heard that the last 5 pounds are the absolute hardest to lose. I wish I had some advice. I know they say changing things up sometimes helps with that last 5 pounds. Could there be some way you could change your diet for a couple of weeks? With WW, there are two diet plans, the Flex, where you eat whatever you want, but count the points, and the Core, where you eliminate all bad carbs and stick to whole grains, veggies and fruit, etc. I've been told that switching between the two often does miracles for plateaus. I wonder if now is the time to start limiting sugar???? I say that hesitantly because that is where I struggle the most. Sorry for the lack of advice.... You arre doing so great, though!!!! DOn't forget how far you have come and how much you have worked!