Sunday, June 14, 2009

meet me in st. louie, louie...

Tim came for the weekend, and we had a great time! We got going around 9 Saturday morning and headed for St. Louis. Our first stop was the Cathedral Basilica, which we have visited a few times and will visit many more times, I'm sure. It has the largest collection of mosaic art in the world (basically, the entire interior of the cathedral is decorated with mosaic tiles), and is absolutely breathtaking. I highly recommend a visit to any local peeps reading this!

When we had had our fill of the pulchritude (and our tummies began to rumble), we walked the three blocks or so to St. Louis' Central West End, which is a neat little neighborhood with many restaurants, shops, etc. We enjoyed burgers for lunch, and then made our way to The Cupcakery for scrumptious, delectable cupcakes - Tim had peanut butter chocolate, and I had strawberries 'n' cream. YUM!

Then, we walked back to our car, enjoying the cute row houses along the way, and headed to the Brentwood area to hit two of our favorite stores - Trader Joe's and World Market. We also went to the Target that was right there, because, really, how could we not? :)

On our way home from St. Louis, we stopped in St. James to dine at Sybill's, which is this absolutely amazing restaurant that I've been telling Tim about forever. He was very pleased to finally experience its wonder. Our food was amazing, from the salads to the pork chops to the chicken piccata and right down to the Bailey's chocolate creme brulee!

We got home around 9 p.m. and watched Baby Mama (pretty funny!) before pouring ourselves into bed. What a wonderful, exhausting day! Today was more low-key. We stuck glow-in-the-dark stars and planets on Nick's bedroom ceiling, I clipper-cut Tim's hair, and we went to Walmart for various and sundry items. Tim left a couple of hours ago, and I'm just getting a few things done around the house (and the Internet). That was my weekend! 'Twas a good one, and a healthy one, knock on wood...

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Thank goodness you are finally better!!! Oooh, that creme brulee sounds scrumptious. Glad you had a great weekend. It sounds like a blast.

We should so meet in St. Louis sometime!! That would be fun--I don't know the city at all,, but it sounds like you do!

Caitlin Brice said...

Maddy and I both had stars on our ceilings :) That was a good idea. I am glad Timothy and you had fun! I will have to mail you some Macaroni Bake once I have a little extra $$. You just have to try it. MISSING YOU!