Monday, January 4, 2010

yummo!!!!!!

I had some leftover ricotta that I needed to use, so I went trolling for recipes on the Kraft website. I found the following recipe and doctored it up a bit (I added the mushrooms, etc.), and it's AMAZING! And so very easy. Let me know if you make it, and how you like it...

Three-Cheese Spinach & Mushroom Pie

1 unbaked refrigerated 9" pie crust
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 4-oz. can mushroom pieces and stems, drained ("no salt added" is best)
1/4 cup minced onions
1/2 tsp. dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups of your favorite jarred spaghetti sauce, heated

Preheat oven to 350 and place pie crust in a pie pan. (I used glass, and it turned out beautifully.)
Mix all remaining ingredients except spaghetti sauce, and spread in pie crust.
Bake 50-55 mins. or until nicely browned. Let stand 5 mins.
Cut into wedges and serve topped with spaghetti sauce.

5 comments:

Patty O. said...

Ooh, that does sound really delish. And I am always looking for recipes that will use the last of the ricotta cheese. They only sell a large size of light ricotta at Walmart, and my lasagna recipe only uses half. Thanks for the recipe!

Echigo Farm said...

Sounds delicious! We all love spinach here, so we'll have to try it...

Amy Jane said...

Hey, Mark! Thanks for the comment. I feel bad that I never really got back to you after you contacted me before. I haven't forgotten you, though! I'll actually be in Nixa at the beginning of Feb. for a yoga workshop. How goes life there?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Amy Jane said...

Who are you, Anonymous?