Monday, January 25, 2010

so far, so good!

Well, so far I've been managing to do quite well with my eating. I've stayed right around 1600 calories each day, and have actually been slightly exceeding my goals of 30 g fiber and 70 g protein. Yay! It's tough, though - my stomach was not used to being limited to 1600 calories/day, so it's going through an adjustment period, and I've had to deal with hunger a few times. :( Hopefully, that will get better over the next week or so.

Over the past two weeks, I've managed to work out 6 days one week and 5 the next, which isn't bad at all! I know I need to step up my cardio, though, because I'm simply not getting enough of that. Blech! I hate doing cardio! :) Weights, I could do all day (well, until my muscles fail, anyway).

Here's a shout-out to my Patty-friend, who is also doing the whole calorie-counting, working out thing. You go, girl! I know you can do it, and I'm supporting you from afar. Keep up the good work!

2 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

Good Job Amy! Way to go ( :

Patty O. said...

Aw, thanks, Amy. I needed that! I am counting calories and working out and feeling pretty good about it this week. I have been shocked how much of an adjustment it has been getting back on the exercise bandwagon. From spring up until the end of November, I was really consistent, working out 4-5 times a week for 45-60 minutes, some of it was cardio and some strength training and I was working pretty hard. Yet, I miss about a month of working out and it feels like I am almost starting from scratch, not quite, but almost.

Oh, well. Luckily, I enjoy exercising, though I am the opposite of you: I prefer cardio to weights, though I really like how weight training makes me feel/look when I am consistent.

And I know what you mean about your stomach needing to adjust. Mine too! Luckily, I have awesome recipes from my Cooking Light magazine, including the pinenut tortellini and spinach recipe I made last night, so I don't feel totally deprived. Tonight, it's Thai cucumber salad, chipotle salmon burgers and butterscotch pudding. The salmon and pudding come from Cooking Light and are divine. If you ever decide you like to cook, I highly recommend that mag--lots of really great tasting light food. No splenda, mostly natural somewhat gourmet food. Love it!